Monday, March 12, 2012

A Most Delicious Taco Salad!

Well, the weather will feel like Spring today for sure!  It's going to be in the high 60's!  I took a couple weeks off, it's been so busy around here.  My Hubby was home for about 20 days with an inner ear virus, he has been back to work, and doing fine.  My little boy Davey's birthday was on the 1st, he is 8 years old, can't believe how fast the time has flown by!   We just had his family birthday party this past Saturday, and it was so nice, and a lot of fun.  I cooked up a storm and made a lot of food, but for dessert I made my little boys favorite.....a most delicious ice cream cake!  I will share that recipe soon! It came out so good, and everyone loved it!   I also made this Taco Salad, that everyone enjoyed, it was easy, and so delicious, and I want to share the recipe with you....here it is.

Taco Salad

1 whole head of Romain Lettuce chopped
1 Red pepper chopped
1 Green pepper chopped
2 Tomatoes chopped
1 small red onion chopped
1 can of sliced black olives
1 Avocado chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of black or kidney beans DRAINED and RINSED
1 bag of crushed (yes crushed) Doritos (any flavor but I like to use the Taco flavor)

1 lb chop meat cooked in a skillet until no longer pink and cooled - you can do this the day before
1 pkt Taco seasoning

Dressing -  if you want buy a bottle of any Italian Dressing, but the Good Seasons, the one where you have to make it with the oil and vinegar is really the best one!
This is the BEST, and use Cider Vinegar!
Get a really BIG BOWL, the biggest one you have in the house! Cook the chop meat in a skillet, drain all the fat, then add the taco seasoning to it and mix really well, cool or do it earlier in the day or the night before. To the big bowl, add all the ingredients, and then pour the Italian dressing on top, and mix really well.  Sometimes before a party I will add all the ingredients in one big bowl, and keep in the frig, then right before we eat, add the Doritos and mix it up with the dressing!  So easy, so fresh, and so delicious!  YUMMO!
So YUMMO, don't you want this for dinner tonight! 

No comments: