Saturday, September 24, 2011

Faux Crab Cakes.....honestly so delicious!!!!

Well, it's suppose to rain here in New Jersey for the next seven days.  We really don't need anymore rain, since we just had a hurricane pass through about a month ago, Hurricane Irene, she left us here with no power for days, and floods everywhere!  So glad that's over, but today it's raining and the humidity is killing me!  I've been having the same headache for days, and I am looking forward for cooler, dryer weather to come and STAY!!!

This is a delicious recipe for "Crab Cakes", but you don't use crab meat, you use TUNA FISH in a can!!!  It's kind of a "poor mans" recipe for Crab Cakes, since crab meat is very expensive. It's easy, and delicious, and everyone loves them.  It's perfect for a ladies lunch when I have my girlfriends over, but I have made them for lunch when my hubby is home as well.  I usually serve them with a big romaine salad, filled with apples, craisins, walnuts, and feta cheese and Italian dressing, such a nice and hearty salad.  I came up with a Honey Dijon Sauce which is drizzled on top, this sauce is so delicious, give it a try, you will not be disappointed, and it's so easy!  YUMMO!

Faux Crab Cakes
2 cans white tuna in water
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup mayo (you can use light)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
lemon juice to taste, fresh or bottled
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying pan

In a skillet on medium to high - heat about 2 -3 tablespoons of oil (canola). Mix all the ingredients together. Form into patties, should make 6 and fry until crispy turning only once for about 6 -8 minutes or so - they may fall apart so don't turn them right away...you want them crispy. Drain on paper towels.

Honey Mustard Sauce
1 cup mayo (you can use light)
2 TBS honey
1 heaping TBS mustard
2 tsp. lemon juice
a little pepper to taste

Whisk everything in a bowl, and drizzle on top of the "crab cakes".......so delicious.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Medifast Coupons said...

Well these are a surprise. Think we will be trying these crab cakes out this week and see if the panel can tell they aren't crab.

Dave said...

Love these. Good flavor. Never miss the crab

Annesphamily said...

Something my mom would have favored during the Lenten season! I love this kind of cooking so I have to try it! Thank you! Anne

Somma Tribe said...

I tripled this recipe (yes, I said TRIPLED!!) for dinner last week and it was a HUGE hit!! Steve LOVES talking about his COUSIN Liz's FABULOUS cooking every time I make something of yours...he even puts on his NY accent, just to emphasize the authenticity of your great cooking abilities.

Thanks for the recipe. It got 8 thumbs up at our house!!

{Hugs}