Sunday, May 20, 2012

Oven Baked Spareribs! YUMMO!


It's been so nice outside the past several days, and I'm enjoying this time of year.  The yard is all cleaned up, the pool is open, the water is crystal clear, and we even swam today! Going to get some flowers tomorrow to start planting, I love it when the yard is looking great.  I am so excited for Summer, the kids only have three weeks of school left, bring on SUMMER!

Spareribs, I just love them, but they have to be cooked the right way.  They have to be tender, with the meat just falling off the bone, and I have this easy recipe that I came up with years ago.  It's easy, you will love them, try this recipe, you'll never go back to grilling Spareribs again..... I promise!

Oven Baked Pork Spareribs

1 Rack of Pork Spareribs about 3lbs
1 bottle BBQ sauce (or make your own if you wish)
Water covering the Spareribs to the top

Cut the Spareribs up into separated ribs, and put them in a roaster COVERED. Add the water and bake in a 350 oven for 1 1/2 hours. Drain all the water, and all the fat will go with it! To the roaster pan add the BBQ sauce making sure all the ribs are covered. Cook in the oven for another HOUR covered, the last 20 minutes UNCOVERED, this will add color, and everything will get all caramelized.  Serve with your favorite cornbread, and a big salad!  YUMMO!



3 comments:

the real mia said...

Oh wow. These look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I have always been afraid to make ribs at home. You have inspired me, I am going to try this recipe this weekend my family will love them.

Anonymous said...

This is the ways I do ribs all the time now. They are delicious! Thank you!