Thursday, September 13, 2012

Taco Pizza!


I'm linking this recipe up with Walking on Sunshine's Food Friends Friday....go take a look-see!

I made Taco Pizza a couple weeks ago when my daughter had some friends over.  It was a hit!  It was delicious, and easy, and I surely will make it again soon.

I make my own pizza dough, it's so easy, and if you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer, or a bread machine, go for it!  Here's my recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough.  (this pizza dough recipes makes 2 large pizza's).  Enjoy!






Taco Pizza

Two loaves of Pizza Dough, homemade or store-bought
1 can refried beans
1 jar salsa
1 lb ground beef cooked and drained from all fat
1 can black beans rinsed
1 envelope Mexican seasoning
2 TBS water
4 cups Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Blend
sliced black olives - for garnish
1 small can chopped chili peppers - for garnish
chopped tomatoes - for garnish
Sour Cream - for garnish

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Brown the ground beef and drain from all fat.  Add the rinsed black beans to the beef, and the Mexican seasoning with 2 TBS water. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes on low. Let cool.

Spread the Pizza Dough on 2 GREASED large cookie sheets or stones. Make sure you let the pizza dough sit at room temp for about 1 hour before you spread it out, otherwise it won't spread easily.  Then pre-bake the pizza dough (without anything on them) in the 450 oven for about 5 minutes and no longer!

Once the pizza dough is pre-baked, take them out and start layering.  Spread the refried beans, salsa, cooked beef mixture, and cheese. 

All ready for the Oven!

Put them back in the oven at 450 for about 15 - 20 minutes being careful to rotate them so the top get crispy, and the bottom gets crispy.

Top the pizza's off with sliced olives, tomatoes, peppers, and serve with sour cream!  YUMMO!





6 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Somma Tribe said...

The Tribe said it was a definite repeat. Steve was only willing to try it because he knew the recipe had come from your house -- and he loved it. Did you know he once told me that if I learned to cook like you, he'd be a happy man? I think I've almost arrived! :) Thanks for the newbie!!

Liz said...

Miss you Sara...hoping and praying life in WA is wonderful! Keep cooking, share some recipes with me, I could use some new ones! Love you! :)

Lindsey said...

Great idea! Sounds like a real crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

AutismUnited said...

Mouth watering pizza, yum yum!

David W Sam said...

Looks absolutely exquisite!I love italian food.