Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Faux Crab Cakes......So YUMMO!

Photo
Faux Crab Cakes! Delicious!

This past Sunday evening I didn't know what to cook for dinner.  Have you ever had one of those days?  We had a big lunch, but everyone was hungry and I had to cook something.  So I made this most delicious Faux Crab Cakes that I've been cooking for my family for years. They were so satisfying, but they aren't made from crab meat, they are made with TUNA! Yes, the stuff you have in your pantry packed in water..  It's kind of a "poor mans" meal for Crab Cakes. They are easy, and delicious. I make them for lunch when my hubby is home, or even for dinner.  I serve them over a salad, or they can make a great sandwich!  The sauce is the best too, it's a Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce, I think this sauce is a must!   Enjoy!

Faux Crab Cakes
2 cans white tuna in water
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup mayo (you can use light)
1/2 cup bread crumbs or more use your judgement
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying pan

In a skillet on medium to high - heat about 4 tablespoons of oil (canola). Mix all the ingredients together. Form into patties, should make 6 and fry for about 2 minutes on each side and until crispy turning only once, they may fall apart so don't turn them right away...you want them crispy. Drain on paper towels.

Honey Mustard Sauce

1/2 cup Mayo
1 TBS spicy brown mustard
2 TBS Honey
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.  Taste it what does it need?  More honey? More salt, lemon juice?  Drizzle on top of the crab cakes.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love your "Crab Cakes"!! Started making them a few years ago! My Mom loved them! Always think of you when making this receipe! Have a great day Liz!

Anonymous said...

yummo