Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Roasted Vegetables!


Well, I haven't been on for a while, it's been so busy here!  We had a four day weekend, Winter Break for my kids, love it when my kids are home....I can sleep past 6AM for once. 

I feel Spring in the air for the first time this morning.  The birds were up early singing, and it is lighter out when I drove Becca to the bus stop at 6:45 AM.  Usually it's dark at that time in the morning, and driving Becca in my p.j.'s really was no big deal, because no one saw me, today it was a different story! Easter will be here before we all know it, OK, so I will say it....bring on Spring!

I love Roasted Veggies, I make them often.  Usually whatever veggie I have hanging around, gets thrown in the oven to roast.  Brussels Sprouts are great in the oven too, I never boil them!  Here's a great and EASY recipe, just chop all the veggies up, and put in the oven to roast!  So YUMMO! 

Roasted Veggies

3 large potatoes, red or regular
2 large sweet potatoes
1 large onion
2 large carrots
1 head cauliflower or broccoli (whatever you have)
1 tsp Rosemary
2 TBS Canola oil
2 tsp salt and pepper

Chop all the veggies up, into pieces, not too small, but not too large. Put them on a greased cookie sheet, and add the oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper, toss with your hands making sure all is coated with the oil and spices.  Put into a preheated 375 oven for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, or until cooked through and caramelized.  So YUMMO!

This is a great dish for a large crowd, like an EASTER DINNER!  Coming in March, recipes for a most delicious EASTER dinner!  Enjoy!

No comments: