Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Baking................

Well, it's a snow day here, finally....and the house is quiet this morning. The kids are still sleeping, and I'm hoping they remain sleeping so I can finish this post. It's been very busy here at our house preparing for Christmas! Over the last week I've baked 6 different kinds of cookies. I promised myself this year not to do so many, since I'm a diabetic, and need to "control" myself. But I felt guilty (moms are always guilty!) for the kids, and honestly they don't need the extra sugar either. But what's Christmas without Christmas cookies? When I was a little girl, my mom would bake cookies starting in early December. She would get them all done early, and we would all enjoy them throughout the whole month of December. She would use them for her Christmas parties, and just give them away. I loved the way she displayed the cookies. Every year she would get out her beautiful "lazy susan" cookie tray, and lay them out just so. I've always loved that "lazy susan", and this past year she handed it down to me when she moved to PA! I was so excited to finally take it out this Christmas and use it. It's on my dining room table waiting to be filled with cookies, but this time, it will be filled with my cookies!

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Yes, I remember that dish! Glad it's getting used.

Busy Mom in CA said...

I didn't bake one single Christmas Cookie this year! No need since we aren't even going to be here to enjoy them really and I certainly don't need to be sitting around eating them LOL. How wonderful that your mom passed on that cookie tray to you. I'm sure it brings a smile to your face each day when you see it on your table. Enjoy!!