Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blueberry Muffins!

We are having a rainy day here in New Jersey, and the kids only have 2 more days of school left.  I am excited for our Summer to start, but I'm not enjoying this weather. 

I like to make muffins for my family.  Blueberry Muffins is a favorite, but my little boy doesn't like the blueberries. I can't leave my little boy out, so I make a batch with blueberries, and a batch without, and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the tops right before baking.

These Blueberry Muffins are easy, and really delicious, perfect for a lazy Summer morning, and I plan on having many of them this Summer!  Enjoy!

Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup Blueberries

Topping: 2 TBS sugar, with 2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all the dry ingredients together, and whisk to incorporated.  In a separate bowl combine the oil, milk and egg, and mix with a fork, add to the dry ingredients, add the blueberries, and stir just to combine.

Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and fill each with a heaping spoonful or use an ice cream scoop.  Mix the 2 tbs of sugar with the 2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on the tops of each muffin.  Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.  ENJOY!

HINT:  Since my little boy doesn't like blueberries, I make a double batch of these muffins, and divide the batter into two separate bowls, one bowl for the blueberries, and the other bowl for plain muffins. YUMMO!


No comments: