Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pulled Pork Sandwiches.... Easy and Delicious!

What a beautiful day we are having today, it feels like Summer, and I am loving it!

Tonight I am making a most delicious dinner, Pulled Pork, and I can't wait to eat!  Pulled Pork is something we never ate growing up, actually we hardly ate pork, I don't know why, but my family loves pork, and this recipe is so easy.

I used "Boneless Pork Loin RIB END for BBQ" it's just boneless spareribs, and I started the pork off in the crock pot.  It's popular these days to add a can of "soda" to your Pulled Pork, but you know I just can't seem to do it.  If you do, let me know how it came out. I just used BBQ sauce and spices, and it came out so delicious!  I hope you try it.  YUMMO!

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

3lbs Boneless Pork Loin RIB END for BBQ (looks like spareribs but boneless)
1 whole onion chopped
3 cups water
1 packet beef bouillon
1 tsp salt

In a crock pot, add the pork, chopped onion, water, and beef bouillon. Put the crock pot on High...set it and forget it for about 5 hours. After the 5 hours, using a slotted spoon, take all the meat and onion out, and put it in a big bowl, drain all the liquid except 1/2 cup, the meat will be so tender and will fall apart, that is what you want..... if there are any big pieces just simply shred them with 2 forks.


The Sauce

2 Cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (or make your own)
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 TBS Chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper

Add all the above ingredients to the pork, stir, and put back into the crock pot for about 1 more hour.  Taste it, what does it need?  I tasted mine and needed a little more chili powder.  Serve on hamburger buns, or your favorite rolls.  So YUMMO!




No comments: