Thursday, June 14, 2012

The BEST BBQ Chicken!

Well, it's the last day of school for my daughter Becca.  Yesterday was my little boys last day.  I am excited that Summer has finally arrived in our household.  After a year of running, lazy mornings are so welcomed here. This all can be bittersweet for me, the end of school also means that my kids are growing up!

I've been making this BBQ Chicken for years, and it's really easy and delicious. I don't know how you all make your BBQ Chicken, but for me it has to be cooked before I put it on the grill, especially if I'm using "chicken on the bone"...... the chicken doesn't cook all the way through, and there's no way I'm eating "pink" chicken.
I cook the chicken first in the oven, in a dutch oven with about 3 cups of water, low and slow, for about 1 hour. Then on the grill it goes, topped with our favorite BBQ sauce, grilled to perfection, not BURNT!  The chicken comes out so moist, and tender, and caramelized, just the way we like it.  Try this way of BBQing your chicken, you'll NEVER go back!  ENJOY!

BBQ Chicken

1 package of a whole chicken cut up (or cut up a whole chicken)
water
Your favorite BBQ sauce (or make your own)

I always remove the skin from the breast and thighs from the chicken first, the skin gets mushy.

 In a dutch oven add the chicken and enough water to cover.  Cook in the oven for 1 hour on 350.

Skin removed and ready for the oven!

All cooked and ready for the GRILL!

Take out of the oven, and drain all the water, and start grilling, basting the chicken with the BBQ, sauce.  You can keep reusing the BBQ sauce because the chicken is fully cooked.  Make sure you cover every bit of chicken with that delicious BBQ sauce!  Grill until the chicken is all caramelized and delicious looking, it will be very tender so be careful it doesn't fall apart....YEP, it will be delicious and YUMMO! 

YUMMO!!!!

No comments: