It was 13 below this morning when I got out of bed! The house wasn't that cold, cause I kept the heat on, something I never do. But I knew it was gonna be a cold night. I was worried about our chickens, but their heat lamp has been on now for days, and when I checked on them, they were all fine, thank the Lord! At 8am this morning, I drove Becca to the bus stop, and my car thermometer was at 6 below!!!!Honestly, that is something I have never seen in my life! It's still pretty cold here in New Jersey....it's ok, I enjoy the cold.
I love winter. I love everything about it. I love the snow, a good snow storm would be GREAT! Yesterday we had a snow day. The kids really could have gone to school, we only got 2 inches. But schools were closed! I love the cold, cold nights are the best, being curled up in the bed with my hubby, or if he's working.......then Pongo, my beautiful kitty. We have a pellet stove, and what a great investment that has been keeping our house warm.
So, I got this little "quiz", I guess you can say it's a quiz, from my sister. She posted it on her blog. So I thought I would give it a try. Honestly, just copying and pasting this thing took too much time for me.....Ok so here are the questions and my answers....do it, I think it's fun.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Bury my father,
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Never make any, never stick to them.
3. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. My Daddy
4. What countries did you visit? Oh please! Like I want to visit another country during these days?
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More patience with my kids.
6. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 28th, the day my father fell down those stupid stairs and then May 19th, the day he died.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my diabetes back on track and losing 25 lbs, and KEEPING IT OFF!
8. What was your biggest failure? Not walking on the treadmill like I'm suppose to be doing....
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, diabetes terrible disease! And my foot is STILL KILLING ME!
10. What was the best thing you bought? I guess our 50 inch Plasma TV, 2 sizes smaller jeans!
11. Where did most of your money go? I guess to the mortgage and taxes, Costco......food bill, eating healthy costs ALOT!!!
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The new digital camera my wonderful hubby surprised me with this past Christmas......I never get surprises!!!!! And getting my A1C level down to a 6!!!
13. What song will always remind you of 2008? Yeah, me too Lois "I Can Only Imagine” by Casting Crowns. Reminds me so much of Daddy......you can read my post about this song back in one of my May/June Posts.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder (b) thinner or fatter? I am thinner, not happier nor sadder.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of? Be nicer to my Dad, love on him more when he was alive, more understanding with him.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining, mean to everyone....hey I'm honest!
17. What was your favorite TV program? Housewives of OC/New York, Top Chef...I love the food network, anything cooking.
18. What was the best book you read? I finally finished the series “Abram’s Daughters” by Beverly Lewis, me too Lois!
19. What did you want and not get? Nothing, I have everything I need or ever wanted! REALLY!
20. What did you do on your birthday? Well that was back in Feb, so Mom made me my favorite meal, like always, Daddy was still alive, and we had a very nice time at their house. My hubby and kids bought me a bread machine, and I just loved it. I wasn't dieting back then, so I really enjoyed my b.d. cake without any guilt!!!! It was a fun filled day, and it was on a Saturday and my hubby was HOME! This year will be hard, cause it will change, and Dad won't be here to sing to me.
21. What one thing would has made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Starting my blog, and putting my thoughts on here, to share with everyone, with no one judging me for what I say....well I still do get judged by a certain someone.....whatever! And, my friendship with Christine! Having her as my friend has been wonderful throughout the year. She is understanding, loving, and my BUDDY!
22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Well, I love fall/winter clothes better, covers more, ha! I love wearing my flare jeans, with sweaters, I feel most comfortable in them.......I need to buy smaller shorts for the summer, last years were way too big....yes I wear SHORTS!!!!! But not short, shorts...ha!
23. What kept you sane? My hubby's supporting me in whatever comes my way.....he really does love me, and crying out my hurts to my heavenly father......such a comfort!
24. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Well I have always liked Martha Stewart, cause she is domestic...and I am domestic too. But really no one.
25. Who did you miss? My Dad.
26. Who was the best new person you met? Well, I've known Christine for 3 years now, but now for the past 10 months or so, I have this great friendship with her....so she is the best person I've met this past year.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Like my sister's to keep my mouth shut more often, I wish I did this when Daddy was alive......I was always yelling or something....but I have learned to love my family and friends no matter what our differences are........they may not be around tomorrow. And to just learn to be happy, I have this wonderful life, and I need to embrace it, and enjoy it more :)
Stay warm, be happy........enjoy!