Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Recipe Revisited.....Jewish Coffee Cake...The best Coffee Cake in the World!


A happy Tuesday morning to you all.  It's so warm here today, and all the snow has melted, it actually feels like Spring, but I'm NOT READY for SPRING!!!  I have a busy day going on here, and I'm going to one of my friends house for lunch along with other friends, and it's going to be a wonderful day, getting out and chatting with them all!

I'm bringing this cake to my friends house today, it's called Jewish Coffee Cake, I don't know why it's called Jewish Coffee Cake, perhaps it's the layering of the nuts and chocolate chips, with cinnamon and sugar?  I've been baking it for YEARS, and it's sure is delicious!  My good friend Cheryl gave this recipe to me long ago, and I've been making it ever since.  Try it, you will love it, and remember, don't eat the whole cake, one piece will do ya! 

Jewish Coffee Cake

2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking power
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter at room temp
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs (farm fresh of course)
1 8 oz container sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds or whatever nut you like
3 TBS sugar
1 TBS cinnamon

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, mix well. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and mix well.

Topping
Rest of chocolate chips
Almonds
3 TBS sugar and 1 TBS cinnamon mixed
Mix the chocolate chips, almonds, cinnamon and sugar together
Pour half the butter into a well buttered and floured bundt cake pan, Add half of the topping, pour the rest of the batter on top. Top with rest of the topping, cover every bit of batter, will look so pretty. Bake at 350 for 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Invert on a cake platter so the topping is upright on the platter, it's so pretty. You can dust with powder sugar if desired......ENJOY!

No comments: