Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Recipe Revisited....Stuffed Porkchops!

What a CRAZY Winter we are having here in New Jersey!  We had this big storm last night, and not even a dusting of snow....all RAIN!  It's just not Winter without any snow!  This can be frustrating to me, because I love the snow, the new blanket of white covering the ground, my kids want snow, and the animals love it, too! 

Here's another recipe I posted months ago, Stuffed Pork Chops!  We love pork in our household, and this dish is perfect for a cold Winter day night!  Enjoy!





I'm making Pork Chops today for my family, but one of their favorite's is STUFFED! I use a BOXED, (please don't faint!) STUFFING, only on busy weeknights, but on special occasions, like Thanksgiving, I do make my homemade Cornbread Sausage Stuffing.  But because I'm trying to make easy weeknight dishes, and we do have very busy lives, we are using the BOXED STUFFING in this recipe....whew, feeling better now!

I like to buy the thick pork chops when I stuff them, of course they are easier to make that little pocket with a knife, but when buying pork chops, I do recommend you buy them on the thicker side, and with the bone, because they do dry out quickly, and the thicker, the tender and juicer. Try this recipe, you will love it!

Stuffed Pork Chops
4 thick bone-in pork chops
1 box stuffing mix (I use Stove Top)
2 TBS oil (I use Canola)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a frying pan, heat on high with 2 TBS oil. Mix the stuffing to the box stuffing the bird directions, and on a MEAT cutting board (the one you don't cut your veggies on) take your pork chop and lay it down, and with a very sharp knife, with your hand flat down on the pork chop, butterfly a nice slice into it, that is your pocket for the stuffing, do not slice too deep, just big enough for a a nice amount of stuffing. Pack the stuffing into that pocket and brown in the frying pan for 2 minutes each side, salt and pepper each side. Do the same with the remaining pork chops. When done browning, put the pork chops into a greased casserole dish. Cover, and bake in the oven for about 1/2 hour.

Of course you need Homemade Apple Sauce wish this dish.....they just go perfectly together! YUMMO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good.