Monday, December 12, 2011

Breakfast Casserole........GREAT for Christmas Morning!

Whew......what a weekend, yes it was fun, had friends over on Saturday for dinner, then Sunday we were in church all morning!  It was our Sunday School Christmas program, and the kids all did such a wonderful job!  I am loving this festive time.  We came home and didn't even get to rest, I went right into the mode of , Christmas Cookie Baking!  My whole family helped and it was really a wonderful time!  I will post some Christmas Cookie recipes tomorrow, I promise!

Today I am posting a really easy Breakfast Casserole recipe.  I'm sure many of you have already made a similar one, but it's so easy, and perfect for Christmas morning.  You put the whole thing together at night, and the next morning, all you have to do it pop it right in the oven!  In 40 minutes of so, it's all ready for you and your family to enjoy! 

Breakfast Casserole

12 eggs beatened
2 cups  milk (I use 2 %)
2 cups  shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. mustard (yes, it will be fine)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 pieces bread cubed  (whatever you have, I have even used hamburger buns in a pinch!)
1 lb cooked bulk sausage (cook it in a frying pan before, and drain all the fat)

Mix the eggs with the milk, add the mustard, salt, pepper, cubed bread, cheese, and COOKED sausage.  Mix really good.  Pour into a greased (with cooking spray) 9x13 casserole dish.  Cover, put into the frig for overnight.  In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 20 minutes covered with foil, and then 20 minutes uncovered.  SO YUMMO!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH boy love this dish, looking forward to the big day.