Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Great Appetizer.....Layered Reuben Spread!

Christmas will be here before we know it.  It's been such a busy time around here.  All the festivities, all the baking, the entertaining, the Christmas parties, and the shopping!  But I do love it all.  I am happy to be home today, catching up on things here in the house, and I'm making a really great dinner tonight, Meatloaf 101, it's a great dish, easy, and my family loves it! 

I love appetizers, and I am always looking for new ones.  This Layered Reuben Spread is really delicious, and so very easy.  When I have a dinner party, I always have 1 or 2 appetizers, something not too heavy, so everyone isn't so stuffed, and still want to enjoy the dinner I prepared for them.  Try this recipe, so easy and delicious!

Layered Reuben Spread

1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
1 can 8oz sauerkraut, well drained
1 bag 8oz shredded Swiss Cheese (2 cups)
1 pkg (6oz) thinly sliced corned beef, chopped
2 TBS sliced green onions (2 medium)

Heat oven to 350.  In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and dressing until well blended.

Using a greased 9 inch casserole dish, layer the sauerkraut, half the cheese, the corned beef and mayo mixture.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese and onions on top.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes and it's all bubbly around the edge.  You can serve this with crackers, but I like to serve this with that little pumpernickel bread!  YUMMO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some dark beer and the dip sounds like a meal.