Friday, December 16, 2011

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies.....Jam Thumbprints!

Are you all running around crazy getting ready for Christmas?  I sure hope you all are baking.  I feel Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without home-baked Christmas Cookies.  I love giving them away to my children's teachers, special friends, and setting up a a beautiful tray displaying them on my dining room table, all ready to enjoy! 

Here's another delicious Christmas Cookie that I make every Christmas without fail.  They are so easy, and everyone loves them.  YUMMO!

Jam Thumbprints

3 sticks butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
Raspberry, Apricot or Strawberry Jam (whatever kind of Jam you wish)

Mix the flour, and salt together with a whisk.  In mixer (remember I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer to mix all my cookie recipes) cream the butter until smooth, add the sugar, add the vanilla.  Slowly add the flour and salt mixture and mix until the dough starts to come together. Take the dough out of the mixer and put it on a piece of plastic wrap, and then roll it together with your hands, wrap it up and chill in the frig for 30 minutes.

Roll the dough into little balls, and put them on a greased cookie sheet, and press a light indentation into the top of each with your finger....hence "thumbprint".....Drop 1/4 tsp of Jam into each indentation.  Bake 20 minutes.  Remove and cool.  Enjoy!

No comments: