Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Fudge!

Are you getting it all done?  We are, but it's been so busy, and honestly, I'm TIRED!!!  Yesterday we went out to breakfast with good friends, then came home and since it was my hubby's day off, we got started with all the wrapping!  We wrapped, wrapped, and wrapped!  Most of it is all done, and what a relief that is!

I do enjoy this time of year, Christmas is one of my favorite times, but when you get caught up in all the WORK, it's no fun.  I hope you aren't caught up in all the work, and really sit back and enjoy this time.  I plan to, not just yet!!!  Christmas Day will be my day to sit and reflect and watch my kids open up their gifts, take in every moment, we will enjoy a wonderful breakfast, and best of all we won't have to run out, we will be HOME!  I will post tomorrow what I will be making for our Christmas Breakfast, it will be so YUMMO!

I found this delicious recipe for Fabulous Fudge.  I never made Fudge before, my mom never made it for us while growing up, and I have never eaten a piece of Fudge before!  Yes, I know I have been depraved!  I never knew what all the hype was about, until I made a batch last year for Christmas.  It was EASY, and so delicious.  If you're looking for an easy dessert idea, or a little something to go with your dessert for one of your Christmas parties, here it is!  YUMMO!

Fabulous Fudge

3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT Evaporated)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped fine nuts....whatever you wish, I used Almonds this time, (or you don't want to add nuts, then don't, it will be fine)

(if you want you can use 1 cup Peanut butter chips and 2 cups semisweet chips.....peanut butter and chocolate thingy)

On the stove in a medium saucepan melt the chocolate chips on medium heat, add the Sweetened Condensed Milk, salt, and vanilla.  Do not let it burn, do not answer the phone, or walk away! When all melted and creamy looking, fold in the chopped nuts.  Line a 9 inch square pan with foil, with the foil hanging over so you can remove it from the pan, spread the fudge evenly in the pan and chill for 3 hours in the frig.  Take out of the pan and cut into little pieces.  So easy, so YUMMO!  Enjoy!

No comments: