Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beef Enchiladas

I'm linking this recipe up with The Better Baker's Weekend Potluck! Go take a look-see!

It's been a very busy week.  This whole week our church is having VBS, Vacation Bible School.  We are active in VBS, my Hubby is helping in Wood Shop, Becca is helping with Recreation, Davey is in the 2nd grade class, and I'm helping in Crafts.  Over 300 children are participating....a great turn-out, we are loving it, and the fellowship is wonderful!

I've been cooking Beef Enchiladas now for years. They are easy, and so delicious. They remind me of a Mexican Lasagna. Yes, now don't faint..... I use the canned refried beans, canned enchiladas sauce, and even a packet of taco seasoning mix, they are so helpful, easy for a busy mom like me, and for a very busy week here at home.

To make this all taste so delicious and "fresh" I do use fresh Cilantro. I love fresh Cilantro, I even grow it with my herbs, it's so convenient to pick it, chop it up and add it to many dishes.  Cilantro makes all Mexican dishes taste so "fresh", even if you are using canned ingredients.  Make this recipe, so delicious, so satisfying!  YUMMO!

Beef Enchiladas

2 pounds Ground Beef, 85% lean
1 can Refried Beans
1 can Black Beans (drain, and rinsed from their liquid)
1 large can Enchiladas Sauce (red or green, the green is hard to find!)
1 packet Taco seasoning mix
2 tsp Cumin
2 TBS of fresh Cilantro
1/4 cup water
1 package of shredded Cheddar Cheese, about 12 oz
1 package of the medium Flour Tortilla's, about 10 in a pkg
1 small can of chili's only if you like it hot...I tend to leave this out because my kids won't like it

1.  In a skillet brown the meat and then drain all the fat, I drain the meat using a colander. Then return the meat back to the skillet. Add the water, taco seasoning mix, cumin, refried beans, rinsed black beans, chiles and cook for another 5 minutes and mix it really good to combine.

Doesn't this look so delicious!

2. In a 9x13 greased casserole dish, put about 1/2 cup of the Enchiladas Sauce, then take the Floured Tortilla's and spread about 2 TBS of the beef mixture in the middle of each tortilla, and then top it with a sprinkling of cheese, but save about 1 cup of the cheese for the topping at the end.



3. Roll them up, and put them in ONE LAYER in the casserole dish on top of the enchiladas sauce. Continue doing this until all the beef mixture is gone, and the floured tortillas are used up, you will have about 10, squeeze them in the casserole dish again, only one layer.


 4. Top with the remaining Enchiladas Sauce, and cheese, sometimes I even top it off with the meat mixture if I have any leftover.  Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 1/2 hour.  Enjoy!



Garnish - Sour Cream and Salsa....and a Most Delicious Salad!




3 comments:

trump said...

I love tex mex! Richard

allisamazing said...

This sounds super delicious!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Sounds delicious! Found you over at the Sunflower Supper Club!