Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Zucchini Pancakes!

I'm linking this recipe up with Walking On Sunshine, and Foodie Friends Friday. Go take a look-see!
We havested about five Yellow Zucchini already.  I love Zucchini, and this year we made a mistake and only planted Yellow Zucchini, but it's okay, because they are just like the green to me, only yellow.

I love Zucchini, last year we only harvested ONE from our garden. We got a terrible BUG, and the plants all died one after the other.  It was very sad!  So this year we are excited that our Zucchini plants are producing, and doing well.


Fresh from the Garden!
So, I went onto my Sister's blog, and found her recipe for Zucchini Fritters.I made them this past weekend, using up two of the Zucchini.  Of course I added my own touches to this recipe, I can never follow a cooking recipe. The "Fritters" didn't come out like "fritters", but more like pancakes, but they weren't flat, but just right!  My family loved them, especially my daughter Rebecca!

Zucchini Pancakes

3 cups zucchini grated
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 small onion minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 TBS parsley, minced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 - 1 cup milk
Oil for frying

Peel the Zucchini's then grate them.  Chop the onion.  In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder all the herbs, parmesan cheese.  Whisk to incorporate.  In a measuring cup, add 1/2 cup  milk and 2 eggs and beat with a fork, then add to the dry ingredients.  Add the Zucchini and mix....now at this point, you may have to add more milk, is the batter too dry?  If so add a little more milk like 1/4 cup.



Heat up a skillet and add about 3 TBS oil, I use Canola Oil. 

 Make sure the skillet is nice and hot. 

Drop the batter into the hot skillet and let cook for about 2 minutes or so before flipping



And flip, and cook about 1 minute more.....

Notice my Black Cast Iron Skillet! Guess it's an antique, I bought it like 20 years ago, when they weren't "cool".....


I added a little bit more oil after each frying. 

Serve the pancakes HOT....but they taste great right out of the frig too!


 We enjoyed applesauce, and apple butter as a topping for our Zucchini Pancakes. 

They were so delicious!  YUMMO!


3 comments:

Alil Country Sugar said...

Definitely need this recipe for the over abundance of zucchini I have. They look great!

Winnie said...

I love zucchini and use them a lot. I'd love to try this recipe.
These pancakes are looking wonderful

Lois Christensen said...

You know I love these! LOL Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to VOTE on Sunday!