Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Zucchini Casserole

What a wonderful Fourth of July we had today!  My family came over, cousins I haven't seen in four years, I missed them, and so glad we were able to catch up, just like old time!  We also celebrated my sister and her husbands 25th Wedding Anniversary, they were surprised!  It was a very HOT day here in NJ, but it's Summer, and the pool really cooled us off!

I cooked up a storm like I usually do for any holiday.  One of the dishes on my menu was Zucchini Casserole.  I posted about this dish several months ago, and it's just too good, so I wanted to share it with you all again.  We have a beautiful veggie garden this year.  We planted Zucchini plants, they are covered with flowers, but no signs of Zucchini! 

Last year all our Zucchini plants died, what a disappointment!!!  So this year we are taking extra care watering, feeding, spraying the insects, and they look very healthy, and the plants are growing, but NO SIGN OF ZUCCHINI growing!  We are hoping, and praying for Zucchini, time will tell.

This recipe is so delicious, it uses Bisquick, only 1 cup, and it's so good, and of course, EASY!  Try this for your next get together, everyone loves it!  YUMMO!

Zucchini Casserole

3 cups of zucchini grated or sliced (I like it better sliced very thin)
1 cup Romano or parm. cheese
1 cup Bisquick or jiffy baking mix
1/2 cup oil (I use canola it's better for you than veggie oil)
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp. pepper/parsley, oregano
2 tsp. salt (make sure it's well seasoned)
1 small onion chopped

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased pie plate, or casserole dish, and bake for 45mins on 350. Delicious!!!!



No comments: