Sunday, July 1, 2012

Counting Down to July 4th......Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!


It's been so hot here in New Jersey.  I'm not really complaining because I do enjoy the heat when it's SUMMER....not in March or in October.  Just like I enjoy snow in February, and not in OCTOBER...remember?   We've been laying low chillaxing by the pool, enjoying our lazy days of Summer.

The 4th of July is coming, and I am hosting this big Summer holiday!  My family all are coming, including my cousins I haven't seen in FOUR YEARS.....hard to believe, and I'm looking so forward to it all.  I will be cooking up a storm, something I do enjoy if you know me.

I'm going to make a new recipe, Ice Cream Sandwich Cake, I saw the recipe on Pinterest, and thought it look delicious and easy.  I make a really good Ice Cream Cake, I posted about it a couple days ago, but this recipe is something different, and I'm gonna give it a try.

Since I'm going to have a crowd on July 4th, I will be doubling the recipe, and will make it in a 9x13 pan instead of the loaf pan the directions below suggest.  I'll post about it, and include some pictures soon.  Here's the recipe, Enjoy!

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Ingredients
  • 1 & 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • 6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips chops

Directions

  1. Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
  3. In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
  4. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
  5. Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter.

YUMMO!

1 comment:

Carole said...

Hi Liz, today I'm collecting cake recipes. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if you are ok with me linking to your post in my blog (Carole's Chatter). Cheers