Monday, July 16, 2012

Creamy Lemon Oatmeal Squares!



I'm linking this recipe up with The Better Baker's Weekend Potluck! Go take a look-see!

Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church.  We've been participating, until Wednesday night, when my little boy broke out in HIVES and a RASH all over his body!  So, we had to miss the last two days, and it was a bummer! 

Davey was on an antibiotic for nine days, he had an ear infection two weeks ago.  On day nine, that is when the rash and hives broke out.  I took him to the doctor on Thursday morning, and sure enough an allergic reaction to the med's.  He was pretty miserable, today my little boy is doing better, hoping this will be over very soon.

So last week we couldn't go in the pool because of the rash, and it's been hot outside, we were in the house for the most part, in the air condition.  I decided to do some baking and it doesn't take being stuck indoors to make me want to bake, I do enjoy it, and my family enjoys eating my creations.....but I wanted to try something new. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest, do you go on Pinterest?  I just love it, the recipes are the best, and easy....just what I am into.  If you do, follow me, Liz Behr Somma, it's fun!  Try this recipe, it's easy, and I'm sure you have all the ingredients in your pantry.  Enjoy!

Creamy Lemon Oatmeal Squares

  • 1-1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1 stick (1/2 Cup) Butter, Slightly Softened
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar (lightly Packed)
  • 1 cup Oats
  • 1 can (14 Ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1/2 cup Lemon Juice I used fresh lemons
  • Zest Of 1 Lemon
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.

Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined in electric mixer, this makes it so easy!



Add oats and flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine.



Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of an square pan (I baked mine in a 9x13 pan, but I suggest a smaller one so it's thicker and more creamier)



Mix together Sweetened Condensed milk, lemon juice, careful with the seeds, and zest.


Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.



Top with the other half of the crumb mixture, but don't press.


Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow pan to sit on counter for 30 minutes after baking. Cut into squares and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until cool.  Serve this cool!  YUMMO!



Posted by on March 25 2010

6 comments:

Alil Country Sugar said...

Since you are in my favorite blog list, I got to see them before the party....These look great! Thank you for linking them to Foodie Friends Friday.

Liz said...

Thanks Angie...appreciate your comment!!

Unknown said...

Love lemon anything so this will be great... also love pintrest, my favorite place to get recipes. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday... I am also a new follower
marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

Ericka Breedlove said...

Lemon oatmeal bars sound yummy! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

Lois Christensen said...

Thanks Liz! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back tomorrow and VOTE for your favorite three!

Ethnic Food said...

Fabulous post.