Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The chickens are HERE!!!

Yes, the chickens are finally here. Our friend Paul brought them over today. We are so excited about it...well, my hubby and the kids that is.... I'm not too thrilled with the idea. I will be happy when they start laying their eggs! I will show you pictures of them later on, when the hen house is completely finished. It's been 2 months in the making, and I really think you will enjoy the pictures....my hubby and our friend Paul did an AWESOME job!!!! Becca is thinking on what to name all 6 of the chickens......my kids are so excited! Pray for me!!!!HA!

4 comments:

Busy Mom in CA said...

6 chickens! Wow! Good luck with them! I'll be sure to do a head count of chickens before eating at your house next time.. just in case we have chicken that is. (Just teasing)

Laurie said...

Congratulations, mine have been fairly easy. I just make sure they have food and water. I clean up the house once a week or so. Then collect eggs every day! I have been getting 4 eggs a day and they add up quickly so I give some to my neighbor and family.

Jen said...

My father's generation is the first that wasn't chicken farmers. I never knew eggs were white until my uncle sold the business - we always ate brown fresh eggs - doesn't get any better than that! Chicken manure makes great compost for your garden too! I'd love to have a mini-farm with chickens, the whole bit - I don't think I'm allowed to have chickens in this neighborhood - I wish I lived closer so I could buy some of your extras! I used to buy my eggs from a guy up on Wykertown Road - he had a big sign "EGGS" - I wonder if he still sells them? I love fresh eggs!

Liz said...

Jen, you wouldn't have to buy our eggs, we would give them to you FREE!!! We are excited about the chickens...I'll post more pictures later. Miss you too!