Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We have new additions to our family!!!!


Just wanted to show you the new additions to our family! The chickens have finally arrived, and the Hen House is finally complete. We are so excited, and the chickens are enjoying their new home. We got 6 hens....Becca named them all.....Elizabeth, Louise, Starlite, Kloe, Lollybye, and Chickie. Davey wanted to name one of them "Bob", I wanted Becca to name them "old fashioned" names, but she insisted on using these names....at least she used Elizabeth and Louise. So, here are the pictures, enjoy!!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

"Balk, balk, balk!"

How are the ladies doing? Are they noisy? I remember on my uncle's farm (now mind you, he had 100s and 100s of chickens in a HUGE chicken barn) - it would sound like women screaming and crying - I was scared to go in there. Hopefully 6 little ladies are not as noisy!

Liz said...

No the hens are very quiet. I really think they are very content, and happy to be here at our place. Paul's hen house was very crowded - he had like 40 in this small house. They are so nice and pretty to watch. They go into their house and perch at night, then at 6am, when I wake up I see them walking down their little steps to greet the morning...I do enjoy them...for now! No eggs yet!

Lois Christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois Christensen said...

Sorry, I accidentally deleted my own comment! Anyway, for a moment there, after reading Dave's blog, I thought you named a chicken after me! Am glad to see you didn't. Enjoy the chickens and the eggs.

Bill's Blog said...

I think you guys have lost your minds. Aren't the chickens going to freeze to death in the winter or will you bring them inside? How about the bears? I'm sure fresh chicken tastes yummy. LOL, Bill

Lois Christensen said...

Do you all want to come by tomorrow at 3:00???? Fred and Susan are coming also, nothing fancy.

Lois Christensen said...

Any eggs yet?