Friday, September 5, 2008

School Days again!

Yes, it's that wonderful time again, the kids go back to school. Actually in the past years, I would cry and miss my kids. Becca went off yesterday, she was so excited. She started 7th grade, she's really turning into a young lady. We had a very busy summer this year. Everyday Becca's "friends" would be here swimming in the pool or playing something, so I was ready for some quiet. Davey went to his 2 day afternoon preschool, and guess what, he didn't cry, and I didn't cry!!! Last year all Davey did was cry, and yep, I would cried too. I think this year I finally realized I need a break. Anyway, both kids LOVED school, and I enjoyed 2 hours by myself, and I really wished it was longer this time around. But things soon got back to normal when "the friends" came over right after school, wanting to go in the pool, and just hang out. It's ok, better hang out here, so I can keep an eye on them, yes it's that control thing again.... Until next time...

4 comments:

Dave said...

Nice pictures, missed it again! Wish I was there for ther first day. Glad to get to hear from them that they had a great day. Enjoy the two hour rest!!!!

Jen said...

My C will start preschool Tues. morning. I'll be fine once it starts, but its hard for me at the same time. He'll be gone for 2.5 hours, 2X a week, and I plan on making that time to start teaching my girl (girls come Jan!) about being little women :) Its been very boy heavy around here and it will be nice (and strange!) to just be home with the girls!

AmyC said...

Nah, it's not a control thing. It's a good thing to have the friends at your house. We do, too, and I'm glad to know my son's friends, what they are into, what their character is. We're the only family who is always willing to fill the basement with teens, drive 'em around, feed 'em etc. But they face alot in their world, we need to know what influences they are surrounded with. It gives me a peace of mind really getting to know the kids, then I can talk to Dan about stuff when it comes up.

Busy Mom in CA said...

Glad they enjoyed their first day. They are growing up so quickly!!