Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall is in the Air - now the clean-up begins

Well, I do feel Fall in the air. Well, maybe not today, since it's a beautiful sunny, and HOT day here in good old New Jersey. But, my flowers are really looking all bloomed out. The marigolds in the back are really dying, and I do feel badly about it. But, everything must come to an end, and my flowers really looked spectacular this year. I'm happy to say that our pool is still open. Hubby and the kids are in there now actually. I won't go in, the water is just too cold for me, even though we've had the solar cover on, the water isn't warm the way I like it. But, next year we will have to close the pool. No need for it to remain open any longer if we're not using it. I don't like closing the pool. It's really a chore. The big ladder with the steps has to come out. All the hoses have to be disconnected, we have to put in special chemicals so the pool water stays clear, and no algae gets in, but the water is always green when we open it.... who knows why. And I might add, I help my hubby close the pool every year, and every year he can really be a bear. So, I don't enjoy closing the pool.

Today Davey is sick with a cold, so I stayed home from church with him. I organized my closet, which was a total mess. Seems like everything ends up in my closet. So I took some time to clean it out. I think it looks very nice. When the cooler weather comes, I will have to change my closet around, and put all my fall/winter clothes back in. I also cleaned out my "office" in the kitchen. Well, I call it my office, but it really isn't an office. I use one whole cabinet for my papers, address books, coupons, kids school papers, etc. It looks so nice now, my sister would be very proud. Ok, not much to talk about. Later....

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I thought I didn't see you at church today-- I missed you.
Hope Davey is feeling better.
Are you all set for MOPS?

Liz said...

thanks Laurie, I missed seeing you too!!! The chickens are coming tomorrow!!!

Busy Mom in CA said...

Hope Davey is feeling better. Chris has a little cold - must be the cold/warm weather trend lately. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Lois Christensen said...

Sorry Davey is sick. Hope he feels better soon. Enjoy your chickens...pictures, please.