Monday, September 29, 2008

The eggs were GREAT!

So far we collected 5 eggs from our chickens within 3 days! I wanted to save them and wait until we had enough, so today I scrambled them up for breakfast. They were very yummie. I really have to say I am enjoying the "girls". I go out every morning around 6:30 or so, and talk to them, and give them their cheerio snack, which they LOVE!!! They all come to me - seems like they are all liking me as well. The hen house doesn't smell or anything like that...thanks to my hubby who is keeping on top of things over there.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like having the chickens sure is fun! Between Paul, Laurie and you, someone should do eggs, and someone should raise the chickens for meat and then you'd all be set!

Dave said...

Jen I like that Idea. But I am not sure who would do the rasing of the chickens for the meat. My kids would never go for it neither would Liz. The eggs are great. Fun going and checking on them everyday.

Sue said...

It looks like such a fun thing to do!