Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How Great Is Our God!

Ok, I have been thinking maybe I shouldn't share this story with everyone...but I don't have any secrets in my life, I kind of live my life as an open book...so here it goes. Like I shared earlier, we all went to Cape May about 2 weeks ago. Everything started out smooth, and wonderful. The Friday when we got there, we went down to the beach around 4ish, since we couldn't get in our room until 3pm. So we were all so excited, and ran down to the beach. Christine and her 2 kids came down, along with all of us, and the beach wasn't crowded. So, we were all having a great time, jumping the waves, the kids were playing in the sand, and in the water. Davey was with my hubby building a sand castle, and Christine and I were sitting in our chairs talking. The kids went behind us, and Christine turned her chair around to watch them.......everyone was in our sight. Then after several minutes, I screamed, "where's Davey?" Davey wasn't anywhere in our sight!!!! We called his name, and he wasn't anywhere. At first I knew he would come running, "here I am Mommy...." But no, not this time. Panicked and scared, we all ran around the beach screaming his name! My hubby, Christine, and Becca ran up and down the beach, but Davey was no where! I was numb, just standing there yelling his name, confused, and scared. My hubby ran back towards me, and ran the other way down the beach, calling his name. Christine went with him. I just stood there, scared like crazy, and crying out to my Lord, "Lord, where is my baby? Protect him wherever he is." The lifeguards were told, everyone on the beach was looking for Davey. My thoughts were going crazy, I was thinking that my baby was lost forever, someone had him, kidnapped him, that I would never see him again....never see him grow up....my mind was doing terrible things to me....I was crying, and just numb, not knowing what to do, the beach was so big, the ocean was so big...where on earth did this little boy go? He never leaves us, he is always by my side. All I could do was pray, and I prayed and prayed.... My hubby had help from another beach goer, and his family, they all went running down the beach looking for Davey. I just stood there, by our spot, praying, pleading with the Lord to make a way, that it can't be like this. We waited so long for Davey, he was a miracle sent from the Lord....I prayed for his little life to come into our home some 4 years ago.....how could the Lord give us this precious little gift, and then take him away. All I would have is 4 short years with my little boy??? Everything was going crazy through my mind. Where was my faith?

But oh, the power of prayer! The power of our Lord. After about 20 minutes or so, I heard Christine, "Liz, they found him!!!!" I will never forget hearing her voice yelling to me, running to me, then holding me and us both crying, holding each other. I was stunned, where is he? I kept saying, are you sure it's him? Do they have the right little boy? I wouldn't believe them until I saw my little boy. Then a woman lifeguard came to me, and said yes they have Davey. Then where on earth is he? She said he's a little ways down the beach. Ok, let's walk to him, I said. No, he was so far down the beach that we had to drive to him!!! They put me in one of those lifeguard trucks, and there we went down the beach. I kept saying to the man lifeguard, are you sure it's my little boy? Where's my husband, I have to tell him, he's out looking for my little boy. I saw Becca on the beach and told her to go back to our spot and look for Christine. We were driving for about 3 minutes, are we there yet? How far is it? Where is he? Finally, about 1/2 mile down the beach there was this crowd of people, and I could make out a man walking towards me, holding a little boy, it was my hubby and DAVEY!!! Oh, what a relief, my heart was in my mouth!!!! My hubby was out of breath, and all sweaty. It looked like he was having a heart attack, he was having such a hard time breathing...but I knew he was just so relieved, and that he was scared crazy too. I grabbed my little boy, hugged him so hard, and just started crying. I asked Davey what happened, and he said "I couldn't find our spot, I was looking for seashells, and then I couldn't find you"! We rode back to our spot, everyone on the beach was giving us the thumbs up...we all felt like celebrity's.....what a feeling to have my little boy back in my arms.

Two weeks have past since that incident. I think about it all the time, day in and day out. I find myself crying happy tears of relief at any point during the day. Sometimes I can't sleep because I am still rethinking the whole incident. I am so grateful to my Lord for His wonderful shield of protection over my little boy. For His faithfulness to my family. Anything could have happened that day. I will say it again, the Lord is so FAITHFUL! This story could have gone a different way. But the Lord was faithful, He put the right people in our path to help us FIND OUR LITTLE BOY. Words can not express my thankfulness to my Lord. And I must add this. I believe that our loved ones who are already in heaven, can see us here on earth at times.... I believe that day, my Dad was looking down from heaven, and he saw everything that was going on, that his little grandson was LOST! I believe that Dad, while in heaven, went to the Lord, and said, "Lord, do you see what is going on down there with my Grandson? Do you see my daughter Lizabeth crying, and worried?" And then I can see the Lord putting His hand on my Dads shoulder, saying "don't worry, I have everything under control. Look there she is, holding Davey again....all is well". Yes, all is well...I have my little boy back. It seemed like forever, even though it was 20 minutes.

5 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! Thanks be to God! I couldn't even imagine - I bet 20 minutes felt like eternity!!!!! We once thought we lost Owen and it was only about 3-5 minutes, and that was pure torture - I can't even imagine 20! Again, thanks be to God!!!!!!

Busy Mom in CA said...

I'm crying reading this! Oh my goodness. Thank God that you were able to find him. God is so faithful!!

Anonymous said...

This reminds of the time when Michael crawled up into the moving truck on our first day in the Paterson house. I remember being completely annoyed with Dad for losing track of him, but at the time we didn't really appreciate just how bad his diabetes was getting.

This must have been absolutely gut wrenching at the time. Like Beth, a nearly cried while reading this post.

Anonymous said...

Oops - guess I should edit these a little better before hitting the ENTER key. Las sentence should read "I nearly cried..." Oh well.

The Crazy Bus said...

Oh Liz! I can't believe it! I don't know what I would have felt If I was in your shoes. I probably would have thrown up, for sure.
Thank GOD he is back. Thank God!
precious little Davey.
We Love You All!
Danielle