Friday, November 18, 2011

Baking for our Northwest Christian School's Annual Craft Fair.....Pumpkin Bread!

I've been baking all day, so it seems.  My son Davey's school is having their Annual Craft Fair this coming Saturday. Each family helps out and bakes four homemade items.  Now you all know I love to bake, so of course this can be easy for me. I baked two Marble Pound Cakes, and two Pumpkin Breads.  I just love these recipes, because they are easy, but delicious, and hope that someone snatches them up at our Bake Sale Table, at our Annual Craft Fair

So, if you live anywhere in Sussex County, New Jersey come on over to the Northwest Christian School Annual Craft Fair, at the Sussex County Fair Grounds, this Saturday, November 19th, at 10am to 4pm. You will love all the homemade crafts, delicious food, which includes homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (which I helped make) homemade Pea Soup, and homemade Beef Chili....and of course the Homemade Baked Goods, and it's FREE ADMISSION!

Here's my recipe for my delicious Pumpkin Bread, you will love it, and it's also great for a Thanksgiving treat!

Pumpkin Bread

3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
2 cups canned pumpkin

In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine.  In a mixer add the oil, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk and canned pumpkin, mix really good, add the dry ingredients slowly.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake in a 350 oven for 50 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.  YUMMO!

No comments: