Friday, November 4, 2011

Cookie of the Week....Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin....YUMMO!

This week's cookie is one of my family's favorite...."Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies"!  Do I hear a YUMMO for this cookie?  My family loves this cookie more than my chocolate chip cookies.  I try to make them once a month, and when I do they aren't around for long, that's why I call them "Vanishing".....get it?

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are on the healthy side. The oatmeal and raisins are good for you, so when I have one or even two for breakfast with my coffee, I don't feel so bad!  I bake the cookies a little long than usual, they come out crispy, not too soft like most Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but you don't, bake them to the texture you like. 

It's the weekend, thank the good Lord, so make up a batch of my delicious "Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies".....make them before the kids come home from school, the house will smell so good, and hopefully your family will give you hugs and kisses, hey, that's why I take the time to cook and bake for my family.....to show how much I love them, and I do!  YUMMO!

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

2 sticks of butter softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

In the mixer add the butter and mix until light and fluffy, add both sugars, eggs and vanilla.  Beat until fluffy and mixed real good.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal uncooked
1 cup or MORE raisins

Combine all the dry ingredients and mix with a whisk to combine, add to butter mixture SLOWLY, or your kitchen will have flour everywhere, and mix real good.  Line cookies sheets with foil or parchment, I use foil, and spray with veggie spray so they won't stick, drop the dough onto the cookie sheets, and bake in a 350 oven for about 10 - 13 minutes until light brown or a little darker brown if you like them crispy!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

This is my all-time favorite cookie. And Daddy's also!